Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cassie_Bowers

Project 2 Roughs

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

Here are the two roughs I came up with. The first rough has a slider that you can scroll through to see the other products. The second rough has pictures that when hovered over show some details and can then be clicked on to show a full product page.
Attachments
project_2_design_1.jpg
project_2_design_2.jpg
Cassandra Bowers

HouseStark

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by HouseStark »

I really like both your layouts, and I leaning a little towards design 1. I like the idea of a slider. Nice alignments, color and font style.
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

I agree with the comment above. The first layout is crisp and the slider is a nice touch!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Really nice job!

I like how harmonic your website is. It is pretty calming and dramatic and warm - despite the dominance of the cool colors - all at the same time, it's great. Your use of hierarchy really leads the eye. Your composition extends the harmony of your colors and balance. Really nice.

I really enjoy your ...design_1 because it really honors your high-quality illustration, has a lot information and invites the user to keep navigating the site. Very good.

Sorry, I didn't want to bring it up, but the center-justified text alignment feels out of place. Because of your current composition and layout, I think that justifying the text is not the best way to go. It makes it feel bit too forced into place. However, regular left alignment (non-justified) would feel warmer and express your message a bit better. Just an opinion.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

I really like the slider layout. Many of us are working with a grid layout, it is good to see something different. :)
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

Oh my gosh, the slider design for your design 1 rough is soooo cute. You should definitely go with that one, it looks unique and clean, and the product image is like.... comfortably nestled above the slider. I like the layout, is what I'm trying to clumsily say, it feels great! ^^"

Good luck moving forward with project 2, can't wait to see the final version! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great designs!
Would go with design-1, as it brings focus onto a single design, while displaying image links for other products!
Advice would be to add a “Checkout” or “Add to cart” text with the shopping cart button

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog design 1 better, really cool slider idea!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got a strong first design here, Cassie.

I especially like the way you used margin throughout the whole thing. Everything is nicely delineated by proximity and easy to pick up on. The large product description and image area gives you a lot of room to play. Great use of the underlines to highlight important things. It's actually rather subtle, but it let's the user know where the priorities lay on the website. having the other products be a carousel at the bottom works well too. Almost like some sort of demented Aperture Science catalog.

I'd add a little spacing between your description paragraphs. Right now they're kind of a blob.

Great job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262