Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kieley_smith

Project 2 Roughs

Post by kieley_smith »

Here are my roughs for project 2.
Overall, I'm trying to keep the layout very clean and manageable for the user. The info section on the layout with vertical alignment would expand when the user mouses over the related image.
Attachments
kieley_smith_p2_draft_1.jpg
kieley_smith_p2_draft_2.jpg
~ Kieley Smith

fjbo

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by fjbo »

I love the second layout!

Your green border/bar on the left side of your imagery is unnecessary. Other than that everything else is very well done.

Very good!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Your second rough is looking good! I like the large section dedicated to the product description, on your right.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your second layout. I think it’s very unique and I like the description box.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great roughs, id go with draft 2, the product description section is very appealing
As Francisco said, that green bar on products images is uneeded

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 1 better! It feels like pokemon cards which I think would go really well with the theme of your website.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! Such a toxic design/brand. So on point.

I like your second layout. You've created a nice, large area to put in quite a bit of detailed product information. However, because it's hidden, you can reward your users for clicking on it each product. It also lets you maximize screen real estate and have many products per page. The container is jagged and looks dangerous to handle so it goes perfectly with your branding. I also like how the listings contrast against your green background gradient.

I'd recommend putting labels on the images so that people will want to roll over/click them and trigger the product info area. Maybe justify the type in the info area too?

Nicely done!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262