Project Two - Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Stephski

Project Two - Roughs

Post by Stephski »

Hello everyone!

Rough 1:
When an item is clicked, a hidden box below will appear to show the product information (Name, description, price, sizes available and an Add to Cart button). This box will "push" the row below as we click on a product.

Rough 2:
This version has a more straight-forward approach. When a product is clicked (or hovered?), a darker box will appear and display the size options, price and add to cart button.
project2-rough1.png
project2-rough2.png
Stephanie Kendziorski.

HouseStark

Re: Project Two - Roughs

Post by HouseStark »

Stephanie you are making this hard. I like both layouts and the ideas of how they will function. I say go with the one you want to do. Great work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

I'm leaning towards your second layout I think? I'm not to sure though, both are beautifully designed! Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Nice job Stephanie. I was very curious on how you would present your catalog given your layout and you totally nailed it!

Your first layout is more efficient in use of space and breaks out a bit from your informational layout. It also adds more elements and details, which gives it more personality and efficiency . It has 50% more product exposure than the second layout. It also delivers a more exciting layout to shop on. Your box element actually makes more sense in your first layout than your second layout.

I am still having issues with contrast between white and both of your colors. Why not use a darker shade of that blue hue, or use a darker shade of your background color for your headline or use a different color for your white elements, idk. I think that you have very important elements getting lost in contrast, honestly. (specially with your products being white and black)

Your shop is going to be pretty cool though.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

I really love rough 1, it feels much more professional and unique than the other option.
I like how you have the expandable description under the product, it helps to fill up the space, and makes it pretty hard to miss the product information.

From a design perspective, I also like how you have the horizontal bar elements in your catalog, it helps to create a stopping point for my eyes in an otherwise very vertical design, and again, focuses all the viewer's attention on the most important part of the page, the products!

Your layouts are great, I can't wait to see the final version!
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the hidden box idea of your first layout. I like the darker orange and how it goes across the screen.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Both roughs are amazing!
I’d go with rough 1, product description, size setting design is appealing!
Can’t think of any advice for your rough

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 2 better! I feel like it flows with your website better.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooh! Nice ones.

I like your first one better I think. It has a neat interactivity with the product information and order form opening up on click. That kind of thing always tickles users and inspires repeat business. I also like that it doesn't have many explicit lines like your second one does. It uses layout and margin to cleanly separate items and create groups in the eye of your users. Everything else is generally on point too. A great continuation of your existing brand.

My only tweak is that I'd recommend at least titling/labeling each product. That will encourage users to get clicky and see the nice pop-in window.

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262