Project 2 Roughs, by Francisco

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
fjbo

Project 2 Roughs, by Francisco

Post by fjbo »

Hi Guys, so I know it doesn't make sense in pictures, but it is going to be fun.

So this are two different concepts. catalog-1 is more oriented towards vehicles (given the horizontal ratios) and catalog-2 is more oriented towards the rest of the equipment and smaller objects.

Catalog 1
This will be more oriented for vehicles. Under-the-fold is going to be more details about the "selected" vehicle and below that there will be a grid with other vehicles. When you click a vehicle the page navigates to the top where more pictures for the vehicle are going to be displayed. The product Details is going to be a dynamic "sticky"  panel.
This will be more oriented for vehicles. Under-the-fold is going to be more details about the "selected" vehicle and below that there will be a grid with other vehicles. When you click a vehicle the page navigates to the top where more pictures for the vehicle are going to be displayed. The product Details is going to be a dynamic "sticky" panel.
Catalog 2
This is going to be oriented towards equipment and smaller units/objects. The ide is that the whole page is going to be a grid with the typical info about that product. When you click on a specific product it will make the &quot;actions&quot; pop-up to appear, allowing the user to make common actions within the same page.<br /><br />The left section could be promoted products or more stuff about the selected product we'll see which one makes more sense.
This is going to be oriented towards equipment and smaller units/objects. The ide is that the whole page is going to be a grid with the typical info about that product. When you click on a specific product it will make the "actions" pop-up to appear, allowing the user to make common actions within the same page.

The left section could be promoted products or more stuff about the selected product we'll see which one makes more sense.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

HouseStark

Re: Project 2 Roughs, by Francisco

Post by HouseStark »

I like both of your ideas and I like that there is a pop of color. I can't wait to see this finished website. Good job!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

oooo! I like both however the first rough catches my attention more. This will look sick, great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Your catalog 1 is sharp! You have more space for the elements to "breathe" in that one. I like the large description/Add To cart area. You should add a css effect to the image so it moves with the mouse :)
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

I'm really liking your first rough, it's much more open, and showcases the product very well. I also like the splash of bright color! It draws a lot of attention to the info section, just to make SURE the customer reads the info on the highly dangerous sci-fi tech before blowing themselves up. : 3

The only suggestion I can think of is that the arrows seem a little chunky and rounded compared to your otherwise very sharp and clean design elements. Maybe play with some different arrow designs, perhaps in the same shading style as your awesome logo?

Good luck on the rest of project 2!
~ Kieley Smith

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Your catalog_1 is great, the color contrast really makes it stand out!

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your first rough. I think the info on the bottom of the page is cool and works well. I like how you added the green pops of color in the arrows and the green bar on the bottom left. I think it goes well with what you’ve already done.
Cassandra Bowers

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like your catalog page 2 better! Great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh! I think we've got our first mix and match here.

Francisco, I'd say these two designs work well together. The first one is a great individual product page. It has a lot of informational areas about the products and a good place for a gallery of product images. I also like the little color highlights as well. They help move the eye around and point out key areas. Your second one is a great product listing page. It has a large area for either a featured product or an enlarged image of whatever the user is rolling over. Then when they click on a product image they go to a page that looks like your first design. I'd recommend bringing in your color hilights from your first design into your second and throughout your site as well.

Nice work.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262