Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
selvester

Project 2 Roughs

Post by selvester »

Hi guys!

Since I've already started building my catalog page, I think I'm leaning towards my first rough.
Attachments
catalog_rough_1.jpg
catalog_rough_02.jpg
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

HouseStark

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by HouseStark »

I like both but the first one is the one I would go with. Nice work!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

I totally agree with you. Your first rough is more functional and I think it has a more unique feeling. I don't really have a lot to add.

Your typography is just great. The size of each product space is really good. The hierarchy is really good too. I am a big fan on your layouts where you play around with negative space without actually wasting the space.

Great Job Hannah!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Both layout look amazing! I love your style. Your rough 1 is the most straightforward I think. I love the fullwidth gallery! With that layout, where will your text/description be? On click will it show a hidden box with the text?
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

Ooooooh, I really like your first rough, it's colorful, graphic, and playful, while still putting all the relevant information right in the spotlight. It's also super clean and should resize really well for different monitor dimensions. Your colors are excellent, the background squares will accentuate the personality of the products placed within them.

Great layouts, good luck with the rest of project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Both roughs look great, I lean towards rough 1
The design would really pop out more than rough two, the typographyand color scheme are eye catching

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like the gridded layout in your first design. I think it will work well with the rest of your website.
Cassandra Bowers

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I like the first one better, it feels a lot more like a products page then the other one.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"The Triplets"? Oh God.

You've kept well to your branding. Both layouts are clean and colorful. However, I don't see any product description area on either layout though.

I think your first idea will work best. It's a super clean grid that let's users compare products at a glance. You've got a large picture area to really sell products visually to your shoppers. The grid layout will be super easy to make mobile compatible. You can also expand the design as you add products smiply by tacking on another row.

You will need somewhere for product description, though. I'd recommend some sort of tooltip so users can get product info beyond an image to make their choice.

Well done.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262