Project #2 ~ prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Breezy

Project #2 ~ prelim

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

Here are my designs!
Attachments
product_page01.png
product_page02.jpg
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

HouseStark

Re: Project #2 ~ prelim

Post by HouseStark »

I like both of your product pages but leaning towards page 2, because visually it is more appealing. The leaves on page 1 don't really do anything for me. Good job!
Michele Keast Ott

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

selvester

Post by selvester »

I think I changed my mind. I like your second product page more?! I like how you can compare each bottle of wine without having to click back and forth! But both product pages would work well either way!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Second layout totally. Information, options and layouts are the most important thing when it comes on a product or catalog page. The most information your user can have at a time, the best. As a consumer, I feel that having the chance to compare two or more different products at a time reflects a very honest company.

I really like the way you give the products the same importance and equality with your layout. Again, that reflects honesty. It might be an over-statement, but I feel that it makes your store stronger. So how this relates to design? You are delivering a very strong statement with your design and layout. Very good!

Everything is really great, honestly!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Your first rough looks amazing! I love everything about it, mostly the leaves to the left to navigate through the products. Nice job!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

I definitely prefer your second design, since your products are so long and narrow they lend themselves to that column layout you have set up. It's very visually pleasing, and as someone who has a terrible time deciding between products, I personally really appreciate having multiple products right next to each other with all the information and images at hand.

Your top design is really nice as well, but I feel that rough #2 is more practical for the purposes of the project.

Good luck on project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

I like your second rough more. I like how it’s floating on top of the background picture. And I like how you can see the different bottles of wine on one page.
Cassandra Bowers

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great roughs!
I’d go with your page 1 rough, the single product page really focuses in on the product.
Advice would be to use a nav with product names, rather than the leaves.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Both of your designs look good. They continue the branding you established.

However, I prefer your second design. The multiple product layout lets shoppers compare wines at a glance and more easily make their choice. The slightly smaller content area lets the framing image be seen by your users. The vineyard picture works well, considering the subject matter. It does a good job establishing and reinforcing the content in the mind of your users. Maybe a different background image for each product type perhaps. Good margin work on the content, especially at the edges.

Watch your left margin on your logo though. It's pretty close to that edge. I don't know if you necessarily need the nav/title type as the content bodycopy for your products. It works fine for the product titles, though. I think something a little clearer might work better to inform your shoppers about each of the wines.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262