Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
selvester

Project 1 Final

Post by selvester »

elloz!

Here's what I have so far! Based on the feedback I received from critique I combined both roughs for the inner pages. I also added sneaky product photos on the homepage.

I have already started assembling the catalog page, but the contact page is still under construction as well as making the whole website responsive. Let me know what you think!

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Breezy

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

I love the layout to your website! I would bring in something that gives it depth because its feeling a little flat. Overall love it!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

The colors are pretty, and I love the simple, geometric shapes you have used for the graphics.

I don't feel it's flat at all, but if you feel that you want to add more contrast maybe use a slightly darker blue? I love the color scheme as it is, though!

Everything is very responsive and well thought out, and you included a return to top button! THANK YOU!!!! (my fingers were getting tired from all the scrolling XD). Additionally, your logo is great, I like the cheeky "c". X D

Fantastic work on this site, I can't wait to see how it evolves with project 2! : )
~ Kieley Smith

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Nice One!

I like the whole concept for the product, obviously. It totally looks like the roughs that is very impressive. I really like the animations you added.

The one thing to watch is Responsiveness, your site needs some work so it fits in smaller screens. It's almost there, though.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah. Hidden gratuitous boobery. I was waiting to encounter this one.

The ice cream colors still amuse me. I keep thinking it sells candy. This is a really good example of a single page website though. I like the use of color and contrast to clearly demark where each "page" is. Typography, though, is it's hidden strength. Your type is perfectly chosen to subliminally remind your users what's really going on here and what you are selling. The navigation is a touch on the small side, but it get's the job done, mostly due to great use of contrast. I really like all the little touches this website has. It really get's the details right. Aside from the "unmentionables", the drop shadows, integrated graphics, smooth scrolling, and scroll triggered animations really give this thing a complete, ready to go feel.

Each page is missing a way to get back to the "home" page though. They need a button that goes back to the top or a sticky menu that sticks to the top as the site scrolls down. Otherwise they have to manually scroll back and ain't nobody got time for that!

Top shelf, lady! Top shelf indeed.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Amazing design!
The color scheme is intriguing, the nav is easy to use, and the response is doing well!
Can't think of any advice to give...

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

The motion and the gfx are visually interesting and color was used very well. The design is solid!
-Melissa Peel

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

Your site is awesome! Your logo and headline look really good and your slogan is hilarious. I like how you animated your type. I can't see anything you need to change everything looks good.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Very nice!
I love your final color selections, clean and organized layout, really easy to navigate it flow very smooth well done.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Everything looks so sharp and clean, you did a wonderful job! I love the way you used colors, borders and drop-shadows. And great CSS for the text, it catches the viewer's attention!
Stephanie Kendziorski.