Project 1 ~ Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Breezy

Project 1 ~ Final

Post by Breezy »

Hi everyone!

Here is my scrumptious website, hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you have a problem loading the font as it is connected to Typekit cloud.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... /#homepage
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

kieley_smith

Re: Project 1 ~ Final

Post by kieley_smith »

This is gorgeous and I'm slightly mad at you for making me hungry. That font is just the cutest thing I've ever seen, such sweet little swirls, perfect for a doughnut store! (it loads fine, too.) : D . I can't find a single thing broken, it's just really well thought out and executed. The color scheme is really warm and consistent. ...I don't have much to say because you didn't mess up. Looks great!
~ Kieley Smith

selvester

Post by selvester »

nice work breezy!! I love the images you've chosen along with your font and layout choices. That parallax scrolling you've got going on is wonderful as well. It has come to my attention that the home buttons on each page are in slightly different locations, this may be a div sizing problem. Great WORK!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

WOW!

Your site is amazing! I really like how you fixed your colors. I think the style is great. You have very good use of hierarchy, balance, and rhythm. Honestly, you have the perfect balance between imagery, "negative" space and texture. I really love the interactivity and effects in your site.

Just watch your layout and responsiveness. The layout feels a bit off in your articles. Your site is not responsive and that is unfortunate given the amazing site you have.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Great website layout! The scrolling design is amazing, the font is appealing and background images are amazing!
The "Home" button in Coffee Parings is in different position than the "Home" button in the other pages.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Mmmmm...doughnuts....

The design is well tied together with the script typeface and the fun doughnut pairing logo. The images are good attention grabbers and lend well to making the viewer hungry for more. The text alignment is off -the headline "Coffee Pairings" is getting cut off at the left of the page.
-Melissa Peel

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Mmmmmmm. Your not wrong about it being scrumptious. Now I want a beer and a doughnut!

This is a really strong website you have here, Breezy. One of the best I've ever seen in all my GRC 275s. A textbook single page scroller. The use of parallaxing really stands out to me. Your images are large and crisp so that makes them catch the eye immediately. Using those parallax areas as "page" separations gives everything room to breathe and serve as refreshing topic changers. The non-parallaxing photos are perfectly chosen, too. They serve to illustrate and build upon your text and really get people salivating over your desserts and drinks. You've also made excellent use of patterns, textures, and details here to bring visual interest to a super simple layout. This'll be one I point students to when they ask for examples of the use of texture. It get's so many of the little functional details just right too; the smooth scrolling, the scroll animations, the crispness of the injected fonts. It feels extremely professional to me.

Your headlines on Coffee Pairings, Wine Pairings, and Beer Pairings are clipping off the left edge, as is your bodycopy in beer pairings. I'm not sure I care for such a bold bodycopy. I think the thinner version you used in Location/About looks quite good, myself.

Great work! It even has a farewell image!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Cassie_Bowers

Post by Cassie_Bowers »

Your website is so pretty! It looks very professional and I like the background pictures. I really like the font you picked it works well with the cool pictures you chose. The only critique I have is the "C" in the Coffee Pairings type on the second page is too far to the left and is only half visible.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hi!

Your website design is amazing, it totally calls my attention and appetite. You have done a wonderful job, congratulations.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

WOW! You did an incredible job here. I love the layout, the css effects on the images, the content, everything! This looks very professional!
Stephanie Kendziorski.