preliminary roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
dnorwood

preliminary roughs

Post by dnorwood »

Preliminary roughs for project 3.
The first set is pretty straight-forward and only has the 4 roughs needed (2 for the home page...1 pc size, 1 phone size & 2 for an inner page...1 pc size, 1 phone size).
For the second set, I have 4 for the home page and 2 for an inner page. I was working with an idea that was just casually mentioned. To be able to show it in pics I need to show two of each home page. The theory behind it is that the pic of the tree that I took at night will be replaced by a pic of the same tree that I took during the day in the spring, when it is hovered on. The inner pages will just use the daytime, spring pic.
rough1_home_pc.jpg
rough1_home_phone.jpg
rough1_about_pc.jpg
rough1_about_phone.jpg
rough2_home_pc.jpg
rough2_home_pc_hover.jpg
rough2_home_phone.jpg
rough2_home_phone_hover.jpg
rough2_about_pc.jpg
rough2_about_phone.jpg
Denise Norwood

rmiyashiro

Re: preliminary roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

I prefer your second design. The amber bars across the top and the left side frame things well and work well with the other colors. I look forward to seeing the hover effect with the tree.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like rough 2. I like the day time and night time background image. Nice job.
Amy Zimmerman

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

I like your choice of nature as inspiration it is represented well throughout your designs. I prefer the second rough but my only worry is the hover change you mentioned I like the concept of a change of night and day but a hover might not be the way to go maybe a changing slide show?
Joe Morales

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

I think the second design turned out really well. I like the colors and the contrast it has. Im not sure how the hover will turn out but I look forward to seeing your finished design.
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the second one (rough2) better. Hang on to that first layout though. I'm sure you can use it for something else. I really like the concept of the rollover background. It might be a little tricky to pull off, but if you do, it'll be a really neat look. The fall theme is working really well for the whole thing, both in imagery and colorscheme. I laike hoe the top bar and left navigation bar create a framing element to present content. The serif type is well chosen and creates a sense of warmth in the design like a nice little campfire.

Right now the left navigation is a little too small on the computer version of your website. It could use to be enlarged. You'll have to do something about your navigation on the mobile version of your design, too. It's going to be way too small to use. I'd recommend reorienting it horizontally in your mobile media query and enlarging the buttons. Try left justifying your bodycopy type rather than left aligning it, too. That way you can use your type as part of the building blocks of your layout.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I prefer your second set with the trees as the design is a little more unique than the first set. The simplicity of the layout is appealing and I like the idea of the night/day rollover.
Cindy Salyer

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

I actually like your first design the best. I think it's cause it's so clean and really appeals to me. But the colors in your second design are nice. It looks like either would work really well responsively.

good job
Nikki Hillman