project 3 roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Joe_Morales

project 3 roughs

Post by Joe_Morales »

here are my rough ideas for our upcoming third project. I chose Pablo Picasso because of his adventurous artistic style that constantly shifts and molds into something unique I hope to learn to do this myself. In terms of the designs I wanted his art to be more of the focal point and was thinking either having a background image of one of his works prevalent throughout or just have a long scrolling site with his art scattered throughout.
Attachments
project_03_about_mobile_v2.jpg
project_03_about_v2.jpg
project_03_gallery_mobile_v2.jpg
project_03_gallery_v2.jpg
project_03_about_mobile.jpg
project_03_about.jpg
project_03_gallery_mobile.jpg
project_03_gallery.jpg
Joe Morales

rmiyashiro

Re: project 3 roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

errythang looks good. my vote is for the long scrolling site with his art throughout.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

Both of them are nicely done. I find version 2 more interesting, though. It has more texture to it and the pic of the artist sends out the "Hey...Look at me!" message very clearly.
Denise Norwood

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

I like your first design the best. I like how you incorporated his work into the background. It turned out really well and has a really professional vibe to it. Great start!
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got yourself a pretty good batch here, Joe.

Personally I prefer the top one (v2). I like the use of imagery as background texture. It both shows his work and adds a needed splash of color to the whole thing. The gallery image group is nicely arranged and well spaced. I like the overall layout in general. It looks like an art museum wall to me. Appropriate, given the subject matter. The navigation and content area both have a good use of whitespace. The navigation itself is large and easy to use and I like the subtle page indicator/rollover under the button. Nice recycling using it as the divider on your mobile version as well. Typographically it's working pretty decently as well. The title/navigation type is especially well chosen.

The only real issues I notice are ones of spacing. Bring the image gallery up toward your content. Right now it's too far away and is loosing cohesion with the rest of your design. On your mobile design, bring your content up a touch so that it's the same distance from your navigation as your navigation is from your logo. I'd alsorecommend changing the background painting out from page to page as you go through the document. Maybe try it at full opacity too, since you have your content in an opaque black box.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I really like your first set of roughs with the transparency overlays. Great design - gives me the feeling of visiting a studio to view his work. The white background works well to focus attention on your images.
Cindy Salyer

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

v2 caught my eye the most here. I think the gallery idea is smart and I like what you're doing with the responsive breakdown.
Good job
Nikki Hillman