Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kaycee_weddell

Project 3 Roughs

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Here are my roughs for project 3!
Attachments
gallery_web_v2.jpg
gallery_phone_v3.jpg
home_web_v2.jpg
gallery_phone_v2.jpg
home_web.jpg
home_phone.jpg
gallery_web.jpg
gallery_phone.jpg
Kaycee Weddell

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by rmiyashiro »

I really like both. I reckon whichever one you go with will depend on the feel you want to give your site.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Kaycee, I think your second version really holds up to Warhols style it really works well together along with the modern minimal layout. my only critique would be is it too minimal maybe add in a few more details or really go crazy with jquery to make it interesting to navigate. great work.

Joe M
Joe Morales

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I am really enjoying the set you marked as version 2. The use of the colors really sets off the pop art feel that he is famous for. The monotone home page is interesting and professional looking...but, except for his pic, it just doesn't shout 'Andy Warhol" to me.
Good Luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Alright! Another nice set. Well done, Kaycee!

All of these designs are quite good, but my favorite is the second Warhol design with the self portrait on red. The use of red in the portrait immediately draws they eye to it. Though any sufficiently bright image in that spot would do it. Your design does a good job of getting out of the way of the content without completely disappearing. The blue, black, and white also establishes a soft contrast that works really well when paired with a colorful image. I like the way the blue header and footer frame the content are and guide the eye there. Your navigation is still visible and usable in spite of the thin type you chose. I even like the subtle rollover button square.

I'd recommend putting a touch of live text somewhere on the home page so search engines might find it. I'd also move your Warhol portrait ever so slightly closer to the navigation and away from the footer so it's vertically balanced.

Just great work all around. Nice!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Wow - tough choices here! You've done a great job of interpreting Warhol in very distinctive ways. I guess I'm leaning toward your v2, with the powder blue and red combination image of Warhol. It's strong but lends itself to the wide variety of colors in his other images. All of your roughs are strong, though.
Cindy Salyer

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

Dang. i'll have to agree the red really pops and just screams Warhol. I'd go with that one
Nice work!
Nikki Hillman