Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
killcomicsans

Project 3 Roughs

Post by killcomicsans »

I'm not sure which direction to take. One of them is based on designer Olly Moss and the other is based on Aaron James Draplin. They're both modern (current) designers that I follow closely for inspiration. I really enjoy how they both play with color and negative space.
Attachments
Web 1920 – 1.png
iPad – 1.png
iPhone 67 – 1.png
Web 1920 – 3.png
iPad – 3.png
iPhone 67 – 3.png
Web 1920 – 2.png
iPad – 2.png
iPhone 67 – 2.png
Web 1920 – 4.png
iPad – 4.png
iPhone 67 – 4.png
Nikki Hillman

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like your roughs web 1920, ipad and iPhone 67 2. I like how the colors go together and how each square is a different color design.
Amy Zimmerman

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

The colors and layout of both work well. Reckon it just depends on which designer you like more.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the color blocks in the Aaron Draplin set and the openness of the Olly Moss set. You say you like them both for their use of color and negative space...in the Aaron one you have the color and in the Olly one you have the negative space. I would be inclined to combine the two to showcase what you like about them.
Good Luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your designs turned out great. I really like the style of both. I think I prefer the second design the best. The colors really pop and it has a really professional vibe to it. Great job.
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, a very nice professional set of designs you have here, Nikki. Good work on all of them.

I'd say the strongest of them is the first Olly Moss design. I think you've replicated his sense of openness and cleanliness without your design elements loosing cohesion and becoming a jumbled mess. They're just at the far edge of grouping. That's a really good use of whitespace. Also, I like the use of color to call the eye to certain areas (the top navigation, design samples, and bodycopy, in that order). Your navigation is super easy to see and use and your bodycopy is easy to read. The colors are working well to both provide visual interest and stay out of the way of his design samples. The aforementioned design samples are well chosen and the whole design collapses seamlessly, thanks to your use of whitespace.

I have just a couple of spacing concerns on your tablet and mobile versions. On your tablet version, move the bodycopy and imagery a little closer to your title. Right now they are a little too far from it. On your mobile version, move the title and content down slightly. Right now it's a bit close to the tan bar at the top.

Nicely done!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

I love color and texture so your second set of designs has a strong pull for me, but I like the layout and structure of the first set. As usual, you've done a great job creating a clean, modern feel for your designs. The "Olly" set would be my first choice - the designs create more intrigue for me.
Cindy Salyer