Project One (kinda)

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
rmiyashiro

Project One (kinda)

Post by rmiyashiro »

Whelp. Because I flip flop more than a successful politician and because my head has been everywhere but this plane of existence and because my procrastination attribute is the infinity symbol, I'm nowhere close to being finished with the first part of this multipart project. But, I've uploaded what I have. Big ups to everyone for their critiques.
http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016/ryan_miyashiro/
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Re: Project One (kinda)

Post by dnorwood »

I really like what you have done here, it's a great layout. The cyber hand with the human hand truly represents your site. Adding the honeycomb looking design (I don't know what it is, something scientific I suppose) fills in the space nicely without being over-bearing. The disappearing and reappearing text is subtle, but it gets your attention. Are you going to add a picture of a satisfied customer to the Testimonials page? I think you should. It would fill in the empty space at the top right. One 'ooops' though..There is no link to go back to the home page from any of the other pages.
Great Job!
Denise
Denise Norwood

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Ryan - You're farther along than I am! I think this is looking really good. I like the contrast between the pastel color and the scientific feel, relating the soft, human touch and the concrete scientific. You might want to play a little with color and fonts for your testimonial text. Great concept, BTW.
Cindy Salyer

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I find that the white text gets lost among the pink background. I would put the initials C and D below the Sincerely yours and Love and Hugs. Other than that the nicely done.
Amy Zimmerman

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Ryan,

Liking where this is going, its a nice layout and very easy to navigate. The only thing I feel is that the pages feel a little empty with just the body copy and gets a little lost in the of pink maybe add some images or mess with complimentary colors. great start.
Joe Morales

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've executed your concept pretty darn well here, Ryan. Even if there's not a lot of website there past the homepage. I still like the flesh colored background and semi-transparent navigation. Like your preliminary composition it portrays a sense of false comfort and a gentle touch. The pink represents meat and the gray represents metal. Your navigation is massive (perhaps a little too big) and easy to use. I like the action on the flyout menu and the transparent rollover buttons is a great touch. Nice integration of the live text slideshow as well. Search engines love that stuff.

I think a fixed height for your menu isn't really feasible, since as soon as your buttons exceeded it's height they spilled out all over the ground. I think the flyout menu could have been a little wider and pushed further to the right. The overall content could have used a few more images as well. I would also have liked to have seen more pages.

What I did see, however, was very good. You've got a nice idea here Ryan. Now you get to make products and exotic surgeries for it!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Great start! I think your concept of your site really enhances your products. The pages do seem a little empty so maybe add some more imagery, and maybe a little contrast against that pink. Nice job! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Kaycee Weddell