Finalized Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NevadaCowgirl

Finalized Project 1

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Here is my Project 1 Website finalized. I am aware that some of the pages are not working. I will add them for the next 2 projects.

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016/amy_zimmerman/
Amy Zimmerman

rmiyashiro

Re: Finalized Project 1

Post by rmiyashiro »

G'mornin Amy! Your site is easy to navigate and is well balanced. The backgrounds you used add a nice texture and give the site a nice ranch kinda feel to it. The only issue I have is that the body copy is a bit difficult to read. Other than that I think you've done well.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

Love the design and layout. It says 'Horse" all over it. But...(I know, always is one.)
a) The link hover is distracting, especially where it drops down over the text. And no, I haven't any idea what to do about it.
b) I think the body text would be easier to read if it were a size larger.
c) Proofread your text. This is what I caught just on casual scanning: 'out fitted' is one word, 'outfitted'; 'come in to buy, the equipment', no comma there; 'spur strapes', is that supposed to be 'straps'?; 'harneses' is 'harnesses'; 'Aboout Bill', was that on purpose or just a typo?
Ok...that is the end of the 'Buts".
You have a really good concept going here, can't wait to see the finished site.
Denise
Denise Norwood

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Hey Amy -
This looks fantastic! I LOVE the leather backgrounds - those are perfect for your site. Rather than the animal coat for the remaining background, I think it would be easier to read your text on a barn wood background that is slightly opaque (possibly).

I wonder if you nav issues have to do with the drop down menus overlapping the text displayed at the bottom.

Your text for the name of the store is perfect, as well and your "logo" type items - horseshoe with saddles is great!

Well done!
Cindy Salyer

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Hey amy,
This was a nice revamp to the overall look very nice use of that leather texture for the top of your page. The bottom half of the pages however are a little difficult to read with the textured brown background. A second thing to watch out for would be the navigation buttons, when you hover over the drop shadows on them are a little to separated and I don't think they need the transparency it gets a little confusing when you can read the body copy behind the nav hover. Great improvements to the site overall!
Joe Morales

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey, this thing came out pretty good! I like the leather texture for the logo and contact info. Burning the logo into the leather looks especially nice. I'm also intrigued by the placement of the navigation at the bottom of the first screen. It works, but it was an interesting choice. Typographically, it's working pretty well too (even if there may be a font too many). The brown colors speak to the product you're selling and the wilderness loving, rural, target audience you are selling to. Overall, the site feels very warm and inviting.

The only real issues I have is that your bodycopy can be occasionally hard to read against the fur background you have on here and I think you should have swapped your sans-serif typeface with the block serif typeface you used on the address and mission statement. Also, your drop down menu clips behind your bodycopy and objects. That's a problem that can be fixed with a little addition of z-index.

You've come a long way. Good work.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

nice job Amy. I think your site has a really cool vibe to it. You know exactly what the site has to offer just by the imagery. The only thing i would consider is the drop shadow on the buttons. It is a little distracting and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of unity. I would either take it off completely or maybe make it closer to the actual text. Overall great job!
Kaycee Weddell