Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
killcomicsans

Project 1 Final

Post by killcomicsans »

Hey guys, here's my final project 1 website.

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016/nikki_hillman/

I kind of combined my two designs after reading your guys' feedback.

Excited to take this further!
Thanks
Nikki Hillman

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by rmiyashiro »

Dang. That looks real professional. Layout is nice. Colors work well. I like that there are nav buttons at the top and the bottom. If I understood the puns and if I had money to spend I'd definitely buy a shirt from this site.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

Your re-vamped layout turned out great. It is clean, easy to read, and easy to navigate. You still have the color scheme, but the blue isn't overwhelming anymore. By varying and uncrowding the pictures, they are much more interesting.
Looking good,
Denise
Denise Norwood

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Nikki,

Your website is easy to navigate. I like the color combination you stayed with. I did notice that the white t-shirts kind of blend in with the white background color. Over all nicely done.
Amy Zimmerman

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Nikki,

Great overall design for this website love the modern influence and its easy to navigate. Things to change for me would only be adding in those tiny touches so that the site doesn't seem so static maybe adding some jquery for when you hover over the images . Also adding some interactivity in those blue sections in the home page. incredible job!
Joe Morales

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

Wow! This is very impressive! I love how clean and simple it is, and yet you've added just the right touches with font, color, etc. to make it stylish as well. Excellent layout - you've done a great job showcasing your products. I'm hard pressed to find something I'd change - maybe the tagline next to the header image could move a little to the left so the contrast isn't lost when it overlaps with the shirt?
Cindy Salyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! That's a super professional looking website. I especially love the concept. I've got my co-workers scratching their heads when I use the phrase "that's so HTML4". Typographically, it's excellent. I like the play on property:value in your logo and the typefaces chosen. The rest of it is super techy, as befits the theme, so the sans-serif type fits right in. You've also used contrast very well. The black, white, and blue accent color pay well together. Nice use of transparency as well. The navigation is easy to find and use and provides good feedback. This is the most professional looking website in the class. It looks like it could be launched right now and you'd have no difficulties selling shirts, hats, and other pun covered objects with it.

I don't think you need that last white space between your bottom about page link and your bottom navigation.

Excellent work! A few of those puns are pretty groan inducing tho.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your design is really nice. It has a very simplistic and professional vibe to it. I think that you could put in some cool jquery stuff to enhance it even more. I really don't have much to say but great job!
Kaycee Weddell