Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kaycee_weddell

Project 1 Final

Post by kaycee_weddell »

This project was a little harder than those in 175. I struggled with the liquid stuff and it's still not 100% liquid yet. So far it should cover all the requirements however I am still working on making it liquid. I do plan on improving on my design as soon as I figure out some of the kinks :D

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2016/kaycee_weddell/
Kaycee Weddell

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by rmiyashiro »

As with Nikki's I like the nav buttons at the top and the bottom. The colors work well and the layout is aesthetically pleasing and easy to follow. The nav at the top could be a bit bigger for my old eyes. Other than that, it looks good.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

"Oh Yeah!", was my reaction when I first saw your home page. I like the way you kept the logo/name small in relation to the picture. It is still easy to see and says who you are, yet the large picture just reaches out and grabs you. The color scheme you chose is a perfect reflection of the Blue Moon branding. Only one thing...The About page seems a little bare in the lower right corner, especially when compared to the Product page. Maybe another picture there?
A really good job,
Denise
Denise Norwood

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Nicely done. I like the color combination you used throughout your website. It is easy to navigate.
Amy Zimmerman

dzync88

Post by dzync88 »

You do a great job with your fonts and colors, Kaycee! It feels contemporary and professional with just enough artsy added in. I like how you did your pictures on the About page, gives a little shabby chic feel to it. I'm looking forward to seeing your progression with this great design foundation.
Cindy Salyer

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Awesome job Kaycee simple layout and design but works well and your buttons are responsive to size change very smooth. my only gripe is that theres too much negative space to the right of the page and its a little low on content but that is easily remedied. great job with your site!
Joe Morales

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got yourself a very good start here, Kaycee. I like the switch from a pure text logo to the blue patch logo. The stroke gives it a look of stitching. Nicely done. Your navigation is clean and easy to use and I like the blue rollover color. It adds a little splash of color to help with user feedback. The large imagery worked well to sell both the product and the Mid-Atlantic coast look you were going for here. The pastel colors stay out of the way and let the images do the talking. The typography, both image based and live is working well to sell the cleanliness and beach lifestyle too. I'm also getting a good chuckle out of the page title.

I only see two real issues with the thing. One, your top navigation has a bit of a vertical alignment issue. I think it would look cleaner if the bottom of the buttons aligned with the bottom of your logo patch. There's some weird gapping there as it is now. Second, I would like to have seen the large content area centered as well. As it is, it's all pinned to the left. and that creates some odd spacing on larger screens.

I like what I see here. Nice work.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262