Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
dzync88

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by dzync88 »

Hi Amy -

I like both of your designs but think I prefer the barnwood one. I like the feel of it. My only suggestion would be to play with font and font color to get the text to pop off the page and be a little more legible.
Cindy Salyer

BecomeAHero

Post by BecomeAHero »

The first design I prefer more than the second. The wood grain design gives it more character, though I would dial back on the saturation, or lighten the image to give you some better contrast with your type. I feel like making the images more equal in size and positioning would improve the design as well. Maybe you could cut out the products from their backgrounds to better showcase the saddles?
Written, read, and approved by:
Tara Rinehart

killcomicsans

Post by killcomicsans »

I think the first design works better because the boxes around the text seem to take the fluidity out of your design. It'd be cool to see you play with the size of your images and see if you can't emphasize your product a little more. Good start!
Nikki Hillman

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

Hi, sorry for late critique. I really like the logo and font you chose, it really goes well with the western theme. I like the texture on your first rough, the barn wood also works great for a western theme I think. It is hard to see your body copy type on top of it though, maybe making that section of your background transparent, or even a lightly transparent colored box behind it would help. I would also put the most important text above the rest, so maybe move the hours to the lower half of the page so that your intro is foremost. Also, I think that all of your products take up a lot of space in your homepage and clutter it a bit. It would be a great opportunity to move those products into a catalog tab/navigation button. Great start though!
"They say 3% of people use 5 to 6% of their brain; 97% use just 3% and the rest goes down the drain. I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime 99% think we're 3% 100 percent of the time" - Todd Snider

Kirsten Sorensen