project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

Re: project 1 roughs

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi ____,
I really like the idea of "highway thrifter's" as the name of the thrift store.
I like the designs with the highway/road photos as the main backgrounds.
The highway sign as the name/logo is a good concept and looks good with the photo of the road.

I would work on the color of the font on the homepage, it blends with the photo.
I think if you balanced the photos out on the second page you would get the same effect of seeing the road in the back ground.
It would read better if it was organized a little more evenly.

Great start, good job!
Georgia

kamilyon

Post by kamilyon »

i like the second one posted and i am glad you put the pictures in a box and didnt let them going floating into the univers lol

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

I’m enjoying the one with the badge logo and the roadway. And I like how your inner page shows the side of the road instead of the same background as the home page. It makes it feel like the highway is the store and you pull over to window shop along the side of the road. Clever!

The logo has great type but the type needs centering and has scaling issues for a logo. Reduce some of the negative space within it.

Very Cool!
- Adam Perez

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I've talked to you about these designs a lot but let me reiterate. the top design is my favorite but I think the type needs a little work. Maybe try a lighter weight its a little screaming and BOLD.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your first design!
The background photo looks great.
I think you can make the photos bigger and make them same size, maybe square?

Good start!

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the theme you're going with on the top design and I love the logo, it works well with the name. However, I would center the inside page pictures. It looks odd off to the side with not much on the other side. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the top set best...but I don't get the connection between 'The Highway Thrifters' and clothes. Oh well...probably just me.

For the Home page...Your layout, imagery, logo (great logo!), and descriptive headline is great. The navigation buttons seem to crowd your logo too much, though. Maybe make the logo a little smaller, the button font smaller/ or not bold, or you can remove the Home button (just for that page) altogether.

For the inner pages...I wouldn't change much. The simplicity of the layout against the warmth of the background works well. The only thing I might suggest, would be to re-arrange the order of your pictures. Making them go from shortest to tallest, left to right, for each row will progressively draw the eye through them.
Happy Designing!
Denise
Denise Norwood

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice job on your designs. The top two designs are my favorites. It is a nice touch with the highway as the background and the logo. The color scheme and the fonts suit the style of your site. The image positioning also suits the site.