Project One Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

Re: Project One Roughs

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Adam,
I like both of your design ideas for your Sk8 Spot, great name/logo!
I think I am leaning towards the 1st design roughs.
I like the skating photos you used and how you laid them out.
I also like the second pages look because it looks more organized than the second page in the 2nd designs.

I would try to make the homepage less visual, something is making me feel like its a little chaotic.
I think maybe I would take out the background photo and add a less detailed photo for the background.
Like a textured photo of the jumps or road kind of thing.

Great start, good job!
Georgia

kamilyon

Post by kamilyon »

I think you did a good job, I like your use of colors. I do like the second comp with the big wheels alot better. That design of the whole page i feel works the best

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

The layout is coming along but it is very busy and it is hard for me to nail down a good place to start. Try stepping back from the image background or making some of the boxes have less imagery. Achieve a zin balance.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your design especially first rough. The all information are very organized.
I also like your logo.

I think you can play with fonts more. I like the font you used in the second rough.
It is hard to read fonts with the outline.

Good job!

Kiwako

ashleighporterfield

Post by ashleighporterfield »

Based on what I can see, I do like the layout of your first design better. I do think its a bit cluttered though. I feel like you could make your shipping logos smaller and maybe arrange them to a spot that isn't necessarily as centered, if that makes sense. Great job so far though! I look forward to seeing more!
Ashleigh Porterfield

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I would go with the bottom one personally, the top background is a little distracting and you can't really go wrong with blue and white. I really like the logo it works really well. Great start.
Vicki Miller

stalksyouatnight

Post by stalksyouatnight »

The first design could look better if you give things space, I think the back ground could work but there needs to be less noise. The second design is cleaner, but too simple, i think if you can some how change things up it will look more appealing.
My irl name is Zackary Hughes...

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I like the color scheme in both designs. The layout in rough 2 is easier to read and see. The navigation on rough 1 is easier to see. I think these two items would work well together. Nice job.