Guess Ill go first. Do you need a sonic?

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
vtat

Re: Guess Ill go first. Do you need a sonic?

Post by vtat »

Not including the content/body of the design, I really like overall the texture, the ribbon navigations, color, and the logo (very cool) of your new edited version. Since this will be a "one page" site, will the body area stay the same or will it have different element to it as we scroll down?...
Vy Tat

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I love the color scheme of the revised layout Bri. Having the colors versus the drab beige tones really makes the site more visually appealling. I like that you've changed the centered type as well. I find the logo to be a little over-complicated, lots of type going on and I think it just tends to be overlooked because it's a logo. I think you could get away with simplifying it.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Bri I like the second color scheme you came up with. It has a vintage look and draws your eye in to the design. Your nav bar is really creative. I could also do without the "to the top" button. From the look of the site it isn't going to be a huge page format and you may never need that button.
Tina Bodden

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Time to dip my toe into this rushing river discussion. Image

Since the first two designs have already been discarded, I'll not waste keystrokes on them. Let's proceed to the revised design.

Revised Design

I like the combination of elements you pulled from the first two designs for this one. It's created a clean, antique-modern design that I find easy to navigate, both on a single page level and on a site level. My big gripe with it is that the red clashes with the blue. I'd recommend either an orangier red that would compliment the blue better, or a greenier blue that would compliment the red better. Also, I think your logo might be a little too complex. I'd love to see how a simplified version of that logo would look with your design.

Conclusion

Keep doin' what you're doin', but play with your colors so they're a little more complimentary and look at simplifying that logo. Otherwise, it looks good to me.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

i love the old-school look of everything! I do think you need a bit more imagery. like a subtle tardis in the background... lol.
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I definitely like the new colors and the new logo. I think the website is coming along nice. I think that you can use the old look with a new design and use it well. My only thing that might make it better is possibly playing around with your type and trying different ones and placement of it. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.