Hello!

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
gr8ful1

Hello!

Post by gr8ful1 »

Hi everyone, I'm Kirsten Sorensen, I recognize a few of you from GRC 175 last semester :) Once again, I seem to be the CIT major in a sea of GRC majors (probably more so this class because 275 is not a required class for the CIT Web Development degree) so please bear with my undoubtedly inartistic brain this semester! My left brained character will usually mean it works and is symmetrical, but I don't know squat about color theory and can't draw to save my life! I'm so jealous of all you amazing artists ;) After this semester I will only have one more class to take in Spring 2017 before I graduate, finally!!

What I hope to get out of this class this semester....to pass it before all my hair turns grey. I feel like my code last semester was kinda all over the place with a lot of redundancy between CSS and HTML, so I'd like to get that cleaned up a ton and rely more on CSS. I also had many problems getting my designs to be responsive and had to revert to pixels the majority of the time, so I'd like to get super comfortable with responsiveness. I'm a glutton for punishment this semester and am also taking Java AND Web script programming (mostly Javascript), so I really just hope to make it out of all of it alive! :lol:

Good luck everyone!!
"They say 3% of people use 5 to 6% of their brain; 97% use just 3% and the rest goes down the drain. I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime 99% think we're 3% 100 percent of the time" - Todd Snider

Kirsten Sorensen

awesomeMF

Re: Hello!

Post by awesomeMF »

Kirsten...

I already envy you for taking CIT classes. I want to pick your brain. I might want to take a couple classes. I love learning. So many choices, so little time. I'm sure you'll do just fine with the creative realm. Looking forward to seeing your skills at work!
"Tell me, I'll forget. Show me, I might remember. Involve me, and I'll understand" – quote from some smart asian guy
Rosa Rodriguez

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Instructor »

Welcome, Kristin! I can't guarantee you won't go completely gray from the forbidden knowledge I'll be teaching in this class. I can guarantee your skillset will get a major boost and that you'll pickup some design by osmosis. Your code will also be cleaner and easier to manage.

You'll make it out alive. If you survived last semester, you can survive this one.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262