Still Working

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
c.j.jackson775

Still Working

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I have chosen to shoot myself in the foot on this one. It's a little frustrating but it's starting to come together.

http://clipups.com
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

georgia_novotny

Re: Still Working

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Chris,
So far so good...
I like the scrolling pages, that looks cool going up and down for each page and you click them.
The homepage logo looks good with the simplistic design and color scheme.
I like the movement that you create with the animation part on the second page.
The animation of "how it works" page is awesome, great visuals for your website.

I would make the second page button to the animation part more obvious so people know to click on it.
Make it bigger and more centered so that it sticks out, theres a lot of white negative space around it making the page feel empty.
I would enlarge everything on the buy it now page, its all too small and could take up some of the white space.

Good job,
Georgia

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

In the annals of biting off more that one can chew, you're chowing down on a Scooby-Doo sized sandwich here.

Nevertheless, you are doing a very good job with it. The site is starting to come together well enough that I can give some feedback. It has a clean feel and is easy to navigate. It uses contrast well and acts as a good framing device to show off it's products. The simple, high contrast colorscheme serves as a frame for the coming product images. That animation is a nice touch as well.

I'm not sold on the seafoam background color on the "How it Works" page. I think it would look better as a 50% screen of the blue used on your home page. I would also have liked to have seen more products. And no contact form yet?

Get back to work! Image
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Chris
There are a lot of cool stuff on your website. I wonder how you achieve it. I know you still working on it, you can ' t rush the best . Keep going, I can’t wait to see the final final you done for this website. Don’t forget the contact page.

ha ha, what a fun Emoji on Michael’s comment.

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

I think this is coming along nicely. I can sort of get the direction you're headed in, much more than during the first critique. I really enjoy your concept and well as all the bright colors against a white background. The visuals are nice and smooth, and everything transitions well into the next panel. I'm having some minor issues on your product page, but I'm sure you're well aware of them. Good work so far!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

paulab

Post by paulab »

Very clean and simple. Nice work Chris. The "Buy Now" page is a little garbled at the top, other than that, it looks good!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I think this looks really good so far I really like the animations of the clip! I think it would be cool for when you're gonna buy the product and select the colors you want for the clip to show what those colors would look like together. That might just be me speaking madness but it would be cool.
Elizabeth Mejia

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

I have to say that you did a good job. Although, you have to finish everything to make it really stand out. That is all. Great job.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

get it done. lol still looks good

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

Nice work!
It's coming along well, I think.

I really like your home page design and scrolling pages.
Also, you used colors and fonts effectively.

In the" how it works" page, I would use different color for the background.

Other than that, good job so far!

Kiwako