P1 Critique

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

Re: P1 Critique

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Jonathon,
I like your design so far.
It looks very clean and functionally laid out to sell your products.
It has an office depot type feel which works well with the color scheme.

I would change the banner on the second page that you use for the navigation.
I like the front page navigation with the straight edges.
The banner feels like something that would be for a race or announcement flyer etc.
Maybe its just me :)

Good start!
Georgia

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

Very nice, professional and clean. It targets the market very well.

I agree you should consider taking out the yellow and stick with neutrals and reds. It has more of a business approach that is what you are trying to achieve.

NiceWork!
- Adam Perez

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Very clean and well thought out. The color scheme is really clean and I like the design of the logo. But to me, it seems a little too basic and I can barely read some the descriptions that you put onto the page. But a great start.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

kamilyon

Post by kamilyon »

I like your mock up two. You did a great job on this, nice and clean, it is tuff though to tell between the home page and the second page. I like your top logo. the bird isnt big enough to use as implied lines. maybe if it was thicker. But the one where you can see the whole bird i like.

Siri

Post by Siri »

Hey Jonathan,

To start with, I'm favoring the second rough for the logos you've posted. The monochrome color creates a sense of unity, and the bird is rather subtle in it much like the feel 0of actual Moleskine notebooks. However, the first logo with the black bird can work just as well if you want the bird to pop out.

As for the concepts themselves, I'm really liking both. The home page of the first concept (mockup-2) is bold and neatly organized, I like the way the logo is the center of the page without being an overwhelming element. Meanwhile, I'm liking the inner page of mockup-1 more than the inner page of mockup-2, it's a good use of the rule of thirds while also keeping the bold feel, if more subtly. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the finished result!
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I love Moleskine!
I think your first design is more organized.
The design is very clean, but I personally like your second design's logo.
So , may be mixing both designs?

Good job!

Kiwako

recordd

Post by recordd »

HI Jonathon! Great job on both of your roughs and your logo! I'm more towards design #1. It is a strong and clean layout, which is easy to navigate through. The images that you used display your product nicely and your logo is a nice branding touch that accents the page. I have a couple suggestions for you...I like the navigation ribbon bar so I think it would look good on your first design and on your second page I would remove the bird beak logo in the navigation it looks to cluttered up there.
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like the bottom designs. I'm not totally hip on the large banner image on top of the I would try pushing that back a little. they layout of your inner pages I like alot.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

good start on your designs, nice color choice, clean,well organized and professional looking website. Only the yellow on the last page of mockup-1 is a little bit over to me, not sure if you do it in purpose to highlight the menu or not. Anyway, good job!